[mdlug] Turner on O'Reilly.net: Looks like Microsoft is ramping up for Son of SCO

Robert Meier eaglecoach at wwnet.com
Wed May 16 00:00:04 EDT 2007

Ray,

> ... Would IBM risk a long, bitter fight with Microsoft,
> just to defend Linux, when they could just reach some
> kind of agreement like the MS/Novell deal?

I find this tactic frightening, because IBM and others might
indeed find it easier to start collecting the "Microsoft tax
by another name" from linux users.
Consequently this seems consistent with a strategy of
imposing the "Microsoft tax by another name" on linux
rather than destroying linux.

Concerned,
--
Dr. Robert J. Meier