[mdlug] need fstab and/or openGL help

Raymond McLaughlin driveray at ameritech.net
Thu May 10 23:14:57 EDT 2007

Wolfger wrote:
> On 5/10/07, Jonathan Billings <billings at negate.org> wrote:
>> Wolfger wrote:
>>> To start with, my drives aren't mounting properly. I copied the lines
>>> right out of my old fstab into the new one, but my ~/Shared and
>>> ~/torrents dirs don't get mounted.
>> What error do you get when you type 'mount /home/wolfger/Shared' or
>> 'mount /home/wolfger/torrents'?
>
> No errors at all. Entering those commands as root mounts those
> partitions accordingly. It's just not happening on boot.

Yow! That's weird. You might try:
    # grep 'May 10' /var/log/messages | grep mount
to see if any errors show up there. Another possibility is that somehow
non-printing control characters got into your fstab. You might try
retyping new copies of the pertinent lines, and deleting the old ones,
or look at the file in a hex editor if you are curious. But this is kind
of grasping at straws.