[mdlug] need fstab and/or openGL help

Wolfger wolfger at gmail.com
Thu May 10 19:32:47 EDT 2007

With the new board and chip came a new install of a new (version of
my) distro, and with that came... new problems! Yay!

To start with, my drives aren't mounting properly. I copied the lines
right out of my old fstab into the new one, but my ~/Shared and
~/torrents dirs don't get mounted.
wolfger at 1[~]$ cat /etc/fstab
# Pluggable devices are handled by uDev, they are not in fstab
/dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults,noatime 1 1
/dev/hda2 swap swap sw,pri=1 0 0
/dev/hdb2 /home/wolfger/torrents ext3 defaults,noatime 1 1
/dev/hdb5 /home/wolfger/Shared ext3 defaults,noatime 1 1
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /proc/bus/usb usbfs devmode=0666 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0622 0 0
none /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
/dev/hda3 /home ext3 defaults,noatime 1 2
# Dynamic entries below
/dev/hdb1 /mnt/hdb1 ext2 noauto,users,exec 0 0
/dev/hdb3 /mnt/hdb3 ext3 noauto,users,exec 0 0
/dev/cdrom /media/cdrom udf,iso9660 noauto,users,exec,ro 0 0
/dev/hdc /media/cdrom udf,iso9660 noauto,users,exec,ro 0 0

Second problem: I switched from the 32-bit version of my distro
(Mepis, based on Ubuntu) to the 64-bit version, and now I'm unable to
get Cedega to pass the OpenGL Direct Rendering test. Did a little
googling and found that Cedega needs 32-bit openGL installed, but I
have no idea how to do that without potentially fubaring my system. It
doesn't appear to exist in the repositories.

--
Wolfger
http://wolfger.wordpress.com/