[mdlug] Automotive technical info wanted (only slightly off topic)

Drew drew4096 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 23:55:52 EDT 2007

At 09:09 AM 5/8/07, Morris, Tim wrote:
>Yes, I do. I will try to remember to take some screenshots tonight
>(working @ moment). I know it gives the airflow rate, but I don't know
>about current.

     I've downloaded a monitor program advertized to run on any Palm
device with serial I/O, and it runs
on my Palm 105, which I'm willing to dedicate to the task since it
currently has no other duties. It does
indeed have, on screen 2, a readout of air flow which can be
displayed in grams per second or pounds
(mass) per minute. It also has displays for fuel mix adjustments,
RPM, and a host of other stuff. This
should serve my purpose.

     Now, to get the hardware that will enable said Palm 105 to talk
to the OBD port...

     I'm wondering, maybe it would be feasible to borrow your
equipment, plug that in, and connect a
VOM to the MAF sensor wires to hand-record for a graph of output
voltage versus air mass flow? Just
what *is* the output of this sensor?

----

- Drew.