[mdlug] Dual Core with Hyper Threading

David Lane dcl400m at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 14:31:36 EDT 2007

Aaron Kulkis <akulkis3 at hotpop.com> wrote:    David Lane wrote:
> Looking in the PC stores I see a huge drop in cpu prices and the New Duo
> has Hyper threading so the operating systems "See" 4 CPU's. the last
> time I checked some Linux Distro's only allow 2.

Uh... the Linux SMP kernel is good for at least 16-way multi-processing...
In fact, I believe it will handle 32 CPUs.

> What do you guys think.

About what?

The are features about the systems that Linux rides on top of the is never taken advantage of at times. With the high power CPU's coming down in price we are going to see more systems with these ulta-powerful CPU's in Linux configurations.

  Like some one said that is a generic load to linux, many of use will have to twick our systems to get the most out of them.

  the question is how do we get there?

  David