[mdlug] FWD: MUG Meeting Tue - Mark Shuttleworth live via web link!

Raymond McLaughlin driveray at ameritech.net
Tue May 8 02:14:14 EDT 2007

LUGers:
 from the MUG mailing list:

Hello MUG members,

As you've probably seen the announcement for the MUG meeting, we'll be
doing a live remote presentation.

I'm in Sevilla, Spain this week for the Ubuntu Developer Summit.

     https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UDS-Sevilla

We've brought along equipment to do a LIVE VIDEO presentation.  I'll
describe the equipment during the presentation, so you can see how we've
done this entirely using free software.  It's pretty cool and it works.

Keep in mind that we're going over the internet, so we're subject to
unknown amounts of latency and bandwidth issues.  But, it still works
amazingly well.

We've got several guests lined up to help out with the meeting, including
Mark Shuttleworth and Jono Bacon.

The only issue we have is the time difference.  Spain is in the 'CEST'
time zone, which is 6 hours ahead of Detroit.  What this means is that
when it's 6:30pm in Detroit, it's 12:30am in Spain.

Mark has agreed to help out, but I don't want to push it too much.  So
We'll be starting with Mark as the first part of the presentation.

I'd really like as many of you as possible to show up early.  Duane Brown
should be at the library by 5:30pm, and we should have the link up and
running smoothly by 6pm.  I want to start the meeting no later than 6:30,
and I'd be willing to start it earlier, if we have a sizeable audience at
the library.

So, PLEASE arrive early.  Mark is a very interesting person to talk to,
and I wouldn't want you to miss his part of the meeting.

At the end, if there's time, we'll be doing a question and answer session
with him and the other guests.

In addition to the Live remote presentation, we'll be having a talk from
Billy Allie. He'll be showing us what's new in the latest version of
Postgresql.

Please try to show up for the meeting early.

Thanks,
Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org