[mdlug] NFS/AD Permissions?

Wojtak, Greg GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Wed May 2 11:03:46 EDT 2007

I have an interesting opportunity here.

I have a web server where the developers have their code in their home
directories.  I have set up name based virtual hosts for each of the
developers so they can test their work.  Their preference is to work off of
their local machine, so the web server is also an nfs server sharing out the
/home directory.  Now, the developers work on Macs that are authenticating
against AD, so ownership gets hosed when they write out new files.  For
example running id on my machine gets me:

gwojtakmacg5:~ gwojtak$ id
uid=364718656(gwojtak) gid=2135967446(MI\domain users)

an absurdly long uid from AD, and the same story with the developers.  So,
my question is, without using samba (  ;-)  is there a way to have nfs
interpret the uid/name mapping the way I want it to?

TIA, and let me know if I can clarify any of these points.

Greg