[mdlug] k3b keeps appending to DVD-RW

R Kannan rkannan at peoplepc.com
Tue May 1 10:11:25 EDT 2007

I found the problem. When I go to burn the CD, under the 'Writing' tab
there is an option for 'Writing Mode' where I can choose 'Auto',
'DAO','Overwrite' or 'Incremental'. The default is 'Auto' which keeps
adding files to a DVD-RW. But when I choose 'Overwrite', it removes the
older files,

Also something to note in te 'burn' dialog. Under 'Settings' tab, it
says

Multisession Mode
For DVD-R(W) in sequential incremental mode and DV+R it behaves like
multisession CDs.