[mdlug] Vista DRM hurts Linux?

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Wed Mar 28 08:34:30 EDT 2007

> From: Aaron Kulkis

> I smell dozens of class-action lawsuits on the horizon, the
> end result being that the MS EULA being ruled to be toothless
> in all important respects

 The problem is, MS is greedy, not stupid. I'm sure they recognize that
as a potential danger, and so they have some careful balancing to do in
order to maintain the situation. It's possible to handle explosives
pretty safely if you take care and precautions. For MS, threatening to
'revoke drivers' is one thing, but actually *following through* on that
would be tantamount to throwing lit matches around gunpowder.

 They might end up doing such a desperation move at some point, but I
think the overall market situation will have to shift quite a bit before
they go that route.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                              (313) 227-2317

 "In the choice between changing ones mind and proving there's no need
 to do so, most people get busy on the proof." - John Kenneth Galbraith