[mdlug] Recommendations on a TV/Monitor combo?

Michael Rudas (computer) MPR_Linux at Ameritech.net
Tue Mar 27 16:31:00 EDT 2007

Ingles, Raymond wrote:

>  My wife is interested in a flat panel monitor that also has a TV tuner.
> Anyone have any suggestions on such a thing? I know they exist, but does
> anyone have experience with such things?

Of course, a LOT depends on the size of the monitor.  I'm assuming that
you are referring to a 16:9 widescreen monitor for a computer desk top--
in that range, a ~22" diagonal Samsung (about the size equivalent if a
19" 4:3 monitor) is the way to go (speaking as a very-long-term
electronic TV/monitor repair technician).  In that size, an LCD is your
only option.

Why Samsung?  They are one of the most vertically-integrated electronics
manufacturers on Earth (right up there with Matsushita/Panasonic), so
they have one of the best end-to-end quality control mechanisms-- the
only reason I wouldn't buy a Samsung would be if they didn't make what I
needed.  My next TV, for example, will be a Samsung DLP.

<http://www.samsung.com/products/monitor/lcd_digital/index.asp>

-- Mikey