[mdlug] Vinyl to digital

Michael Corral micorral at comcast.net
Tue Mar 20 14:37:52 EDT 2007

Ingles, Raymond a ecrit:
>> From: greenproc
>>> Then I realized... nobody sells ogg-vorbis appliances :-(
>>
>> I wonder if there's a market for that -- that may be a decent
>> business idea -- make ogg-vorbis appliances and sell them.
>
> Well, there *are* music players that support Ogg, more of 'em all

Yeah, I have one: the Neuros II. Mine's the 80GB version, which I
got for $249 brand new in December in a closeout deal. Not only
does it play Ogg Vorbis, but it even has its own sync manager
software that works in Linux. I've been using it in Fedora to store
*all* the music I have, from CDs, cassettes and vinyl records. It
also has a built-in FM transmitter, which I use to play over my car
stereo. I'm having a blast with this thing, I'm loving it!

If anyone wants a smaller device (1-2GB range) that plays Ogg Vorbis,
some of the Samsung units (YP-U1, YP-U2) sold at Best Buy can do that:
http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/PortablePlayersSamsungYepp

> the time. But there's a big installed base out there (e.g. iPods)
> that don't.

Oh no, are you one of the pod people? Say it ain't vrai, Ray!

Michael