[mdlug] Vinyl to digital

Dan Pritts danno at umich.edu
Tue Mar 20 11:50:36 EDT 2007

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 11:10:17AM -0400, Mike wrote:

> What sort of outputs does your record player have?  My old turntables only
> had RCA out (and of course, my SB Live! didn't have any sort of RCA input
> on them).  Did you convert the RCA -> stereo plug?

you just need a standard adapter available anywhere to do
this conversion.

If i were doing this i'd probably have
 a) used a hardware preamp rather than doing it in software
 b) sampled at 44.1KHz - although my understanding is that your
    basic consumer sound card (including some that cost $200) will
    always sample at 48KHz and resample in software - so i dunno
    that it makes any difference in the standard case.

danno
--
dan pritts
danno at umich.edu