[mdlug] Parallel port print server

Joseph C. Bender jcbender at bendorius.com
Sat Mar 17 11:53:45 EDT 2007

R. Kannan wrote:
> So, I am looking to use the other printer with a wired or wireless print server.
 >  >There seems to be a very few that can support parallel port printers.

	Not at all.  There's actually quite a few, and parallel was the way
this was done for quite some time.  HP with their Jetdirect, Jetdirect
EX and other variants are quite common, even now.  Almost all the newer
ones out there are USB, because that's where the printers have largely
gone that need such boxes, but you can still get the parallel new.

	JetDirect boxes can be had fairly cheaply off eBay, and speak LPD/LPR,
"HP printing" (that port 9100 stuff they do) and AppleTalk.

--
Joseph Bender
jcbender at bendorius com