[mdlug] Novell + Microsoft press release: Windows is cheaper thanLinux

Aaron Kulkis akulkis3 at hotpop.com
Fri Mar 16 15:13:32 EDT 2007

Michael Corral wrote:
> 2007-03-16, Monsieur Ingles, Raymond a ecrit:
>>> From: Michael Corral
>>> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39286295,00.htm
>>> Man, Novell just keeps digging that grave deeper and deeper...
>> I'm also thoroughly underwhelmed. It makes me far less interested
>> in even trying SUSE because of it. A shame, while I like Ubuntu a
>> lot I did have fun with SUSE before.
>
> I tried OpenSUSE 10.1 before the Novell/Microsoft deal, and it was a
> bit flaky (e.g. it kept reconfiguring my LCD resolution every time I
> set it to the correct settings). That was back when I cared about
> whether the apps I've written worked in SUSE. Now I don't care.
> This latest embarrassment for Novell may be the last straw for a lot
> of SUSE users (the ones who haven't fled to other distros by now).

Time to write letters, telling them that your organization was
thinking of switching to SuSE, but that Novell doesn't seem to
be genuinely interested in fully supporting Linux, and that,
due to this fact, your organization will be purchasing from
a competing vendor.

Nothing gets the attention of sales and marketing more than
the sound of $$$ going into someone else's pockets.