[mdlug] Novell + Microsoft press release: Windows is cheaper thanLinux

Michael Corral micorral at comcast.net
Fri Mar 16 14:44:41 EDT 2007

2007-03-16, Monsieur Ingles, Raymond a ecrit:
>> From: Michael Corral
>> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39286295,00.htm
>> Man, Novell just keeps digging that grave deeper and deeper...
>
> I'm also thoroughly underwhelmed. It makes me far less interested
> in even trying SUSE because of it. A shame, while I like Ubuntu a
> lot I did have fun with SUSE before.

I tried OpenSUSE 10.1 before the Novell/Microsoft deal, and it was a
bit flaky (e.g. it kept reconfiguring my LCD resolution every time I
set it to the correct settings). That was back when I cared about
whether the apps I've written worked in SUSE. Now I don't care.
This latest embarrassment for Novell may be the last straw for a lot
of SUSE users (the ones who haven't fled to other distros by now).

Michael