[mdlug] Dell survey for Linux

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Wed Mar 14 09:11:09 EDT 2007

> From: Robert Adkins

> PREDICTION: The Survey will be filled with a majority of requests for
> the current Darling Distro of the greater Linux community as a
> pre-installation OS. Within a few years, when that Darling
> Distro is no longer the Darling Distro and something else is will be
> more interesting and the Linux community will be hopping all over
> Dell to make the switch to that Darling Distro.

 I'd have to agree with that. However, the time it takes to switch
'Darling Distros' is approximately the same as the time between
Windows releases, so Dell wouldn't be any worse off with Linux in
that respect.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                       (313) 227-2317

 It is not true that Microsoft doesn't innovate. They brought us
               the email virus. - Jedidiah