[mdlug] [OT] Perspective

Paul set at pobox.com
Sat Jul 21 05:08:18 EDT 2007

"M. D. Krauss" <zeros0and1ones at yahoo.com>, on Sat Jul 21, 2007 [12:45:57 AM] said:
> A program that doesn't get the attention it deserves is LyX.  But the
> practical reality is that most people have neither the time nor the
> inclination to learn more then one such system, and nothing that cannot
> interchange documents with Word can be that one - sadly.
>
> Further thoughts?

	Hi;

	Yeah; that you have all gone off the message of
the OP;) People who lack time and inclination to learn are not very
interesting. Effectiveness of toolset and religiosity of applications
are far less compelling than the love of tools in general; And the fact
that we are awash in buttloads of amazing and capable tools, for *free*.
	Ive done woodworking with a hacksaw, broken into my own car with
a packing strap I found on the street and seen things done with a hammer
and cold chisel that would make a machinist cry. But in those instances
there wasnt much choice.
	Now we have incredible ammounts of options. What route
creative people take through that embarassment of riches might be
almost as interesting as what they end up with, but arguing about
which is the most efficient path is missing a larger picture.

Paul
set at pobox.com