[mdlug] System Build Saga

David Lane dcl400m at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 10:00:50 EDT 2007

For Heat it might be.  I have not seen any data on Heat disapation between AMD and Intel.

  I do know that the Motorola Power PC RISC chip was great, it did not use as much heat.

  I was almost and jokingly looking at Liquid cooling unit, LOL

  David

Robert Adkins <radkins at impelind.com> wrote:
  My issue had nothing to do with the CPU Fan. The CPU Fan that came with
the system was perfect.

It was the Northbridge Chip fan/heatsink that wasn't up to the task of
properly keeping the motherboard chips cool enough to operate. The
Northbridge can be read about here:

I'm also running AMD CPUs, not that it is relevant to the discussion.

-Rob