[mdlug] System Build Saga

David Lane dcl400m at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 09:43:25 EDT 2007

Are you using the Stock Intel (if it is intel) cooling fan. Because in this build I baught a diffetent cpu fan.  And will replace all the other stock Intel fans because they dont always snap all the way then later it wiggles loose and you are suffering heat shutdowns.

  David

Robert Adkins <radkins at impelind.com> wrote:
  Personally, I prefer ASUS and maybe MSI products.

My current "main rig" originally had an MSI board. They did a piss-poor
job of designing the cooling system on the mainboard. I was suffering
from a series of heat related shutdowns. In the end, it turned out that
the entire problem was related to the Northbridge chip overheating
something fierce.

Right now, I have the extra guts to rebuild a second PC. I just need to
fabricate or replace the entire mainboard chip cooling system to have it
run properly...

The ASUS Board I replaced it with has been operating awesomely.

-Rob