[mdlug] System Build Saga

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Wed Jul 11 09:36:27 EDT 2007

Personally, I prefer ASUS and maybe MSI products.

My current "main rig" originally had an MSI board. They did a piss-poor
job of designing the cooling system on the mainboard. I was suffering
from a series of heat related shutdowns. In the end, it turned out that
the entire problem was related to the Northbridge chip overheating
something fierce.

Right now, I have the extra guts to rebuild a second PC. I just need to
fabricate or replace the entire mainboard chip cooling system to have it
run properly...

The ASUS Board I replaced it with has been operating awesomely.

-Rob