[mdlug] User home directory quota

Dan Pritts danno at umich.edu
Mon Jul 9 11:59:42 EDT 2007

standard *nix quotas are per-user, per-filesystem.

so just set one MB quota for each user who is staff, and another
MB quota for each user who is a student.  or a different quota
per user, or whatever.

man edquota

caveat, should work for ext & xfs, not sure about other linux filesystems
although i'd be surprised if they didnt' support the standard quota
feature.