[mdlug] Debian

Adam Davis amdavis at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jan 10 10:11:34 EST 2007

On Wednesday 10 January 2007 12:07 am, Mathew Enders wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 17:31 -0800, jack freeman wrote:
> > So going with what recommendations were made here I decided to go with
> > debian, any one know of any good miorrs out there? Looking to install
> > tomorrow night.
>
> I like the ones at MSU they are on a fiber backbone and very speedy.
>

> ftp://ftp.egr.msu.edu/debian/
>
> http://ftp.egr.msu.edu/debian/

I'm also using the MSU mirrors. The netselect program can help you select the
fastest mirror. Here's some information about it:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-basico.en.html#s-netselect

Also, in case you're interested, here's my primary entries in the sources.list
file. Please note that I'm running etch (testing), and you may prefer the
stable distribution:

# Testing mirror:
deb http://ftp.egr.msu.edu/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.egr.msu.edu/debian/ etch main contrib non-free