[mdlug] Linux in the Main sream

Jeff Hanson jhansonxi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 18:43:39 EST 2007

On 1/9/07, David Lane <dcl400m at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The reality is that most of the higher ups in the org's that we work for are
> conservative, yes Easy to use Windows.  I have fought many wars over this in
> my professional life.

The higher-ups are supposed to make long term strategic decisions
including technology platforms.  The current batch are long-term
Windows users.  Before them were the mainframe types.  Unix needs to
be next.  If you are a low-level network monkey then you either do
what you are told, do what you want (and not get caught), or go
somewhere else.  Eventually you make it to the top and change
direction.

>From a CIO POV the rest of the management doesn't need to know what is
used, just that it works.