[mdlug] An Idea inspired by....

Wolfger wolfger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 13:29:10 EST 2007

On 1/9/07, Robert Adkins <radkins at impelind.com> wrote:

>     This won't happen when the face of GPL software looks like a raving
> lunatic (unshaven, wild hair) screaming about how terrible EULAs are and
> proclaiming the destruction of commercial software with a rabid gleam in
> his eye. (Which quite often is the face of GPL F/OSS movement.)

I agree 100%. I once read the biography of Stallman, and I had a huge amount
of respect for him in the beginning, but by the end of it (and in reading
most of the things he's said publicly in the last few years) I could only
think of him as a raving lunatic. He went from principled to being an
absolute zealot, and I think he currently does the movement more harm than
good whenever he speaks.

bob dion wrote:
> > By defending the use of Windows for a little convenience one also,
> > unknowingly, defends such things as DMCA, DRM, TC (Trusted?? Computing),
> > closed file formats, closed standards, closed protocols, software
> > patents and the next dirty trick MS will pull on us...

Or maybe I just support those who fly the black flag...

--
Wolfger
http://randomsynapsefiring.eponym.com/