[mdlug] Suggestions for flash-drive Linux?

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Wed Jan 3 15:09:14 EST 2007

> From: Richard Harding

> >  The idea is that, in theory, at least some flash drives have better
> > *random* I/O characteristics than hard drives. And this random performance
> > is critical to the performance of page caches, which are not generally
> > very large. So in some circumstances, allegedly, using a flash drive for
> > the page cache can be faster than using a hard drive.

> My understanding is that this is much more to do with
> sleep/hibernation.

 Nope, that's a separate issue. Read the link I gave and follow the link
from there to the interview with the Microsoft developer.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                            (313) 227-2317

  "Technically, Windows is an operating system, which means that it
 supplies your computer with the basic commands it needs to suddenly,
      with no warning whatsoever, stop operating." - Dave Barry