[mdlug] RAID Monitor Script

Dan Pritts danno at umich.edu
Fri Feb 2 16:45:37 EST 2007

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 08:36:45AM -0800, Michael S. Mikowski wrote:
> This script does require installation of perl and some
> (quite common) perl modules, but it avoids the need for
> postfix or similar, which is a big win for people I
> support.

it's pretty easy to configure sendmail to forward all mail
off to a real mail server, and there are lots of programs that
like to notify by e-mail so i'm surprised you don't by default.

But, to each his own.

> Regardless, the script is there if you want it :)

I'm sure it's a fine script - i wasn't trying to impugn it, was
just pointing out the mdadm alternative since you didn't know about
it.  I've certainly written my own similar items when i found system
tools inadequate.

regards

danno
--