[mdlug] video card recommendation?

Jeff Hanson jhansonxi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 22:39:25 EST 2007

On Dec 24, 2007 6:54 PM, Jeff Hanson <jhansonxi at gmail.com> wrote:
>I don't know what kind of slots the mobo has.    Is there a good
brand of card that is designed to work with Linux?    Are there video
card vendors that are sympathetic to linux?    Thanks, Dean

> What type of interface - ISA, EISA, MCA, PCI, AGP, PCIe?

Maybe that was a mildly stupid question.  I overlooked the unknown
slots issue.  But realistically, you need to identify the slots as it
greatly affects what is available.  Most systems are using PCIe.
There are some good cards for AGP but they are more expensive because
manufacturing volumes are dwindling.  If it only has PCI then throw it
out.  Higher-end PCI cards do exist but they are not worth it.  A new
MB with integrated video would be faster and cheaper than any modern
PCI card.