[mdlug] It happened...

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Thu Dec 20 13:55:17 EST 2007

> From: Carl T. Miller

> Do you know if they will connect a laptop to the Internet using a
> cable?

 Yup, or Bluetooth (though that's slower).

http://www.newt.com/debian/treo650.html
http://www.wayga.org/blog/2006/10/03/getting-to-the-internet-via-treo-700p-on-linux/

 ...among others. There are also payware programs that emulate USB modems and
similar things, too.

 I imagine Windows Mobile phones can do that, too. I dunno about Blackberry
or Symbian phones, but I wouldn't be surprised. You can also get PCMCIA cards
that let a laptop connect directly to the cell network... though I don't know
how many of those are supported by Linux.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                            (313) 227-2317

 "They say evil happens when good men do nothing. Well, the Democrats
 prove it also happens when mediocre people do nothing." - Bill Maher