[mdlug] OT: CompUSA, R.I.P.

Michael Corral micorral at comcast.net
Sun Dec 9 00:34:41 EST 2007

2007-12-08, Monsieur Dave Arbogast a ecrit:
> Garry Stahl wrote:
>> When the one in Dearborn closed their closeout prices were still not as
>> good as Microcenter everyday.
> I also found this to be true... It reminds me of the churn in the

It varies, in my experience. I got a pretty good deal on my Radeon 9250
($25 brand new in the box) when the store on Telegraph north of Square
Lake Rd closed. Microcenter still sells those for more than that.

> building supply market - Each new company did better than the sole
> competitor before it -  HQ / Builders Square / Home Depot / Lowes ?
> When CompUSA started, there was to local Microcenter.... who will come
> along after CompUSA is gone to compete with Microcenter ?

It'd be nice to see Fry's come here. They're the big electronics store
out west, and the ones I've seen (in CA and OR) have a bigger selection
of computer stuff for cheaper than Microcenter. The one outside Chicago
is the closest one to here that I'm aware of.

Michael