[mdlug] OT: CompUSA, R.I.P.

Dave Arbogast mdlug3 at arb.net
Sat Dec 8 23:58:38 EST 2007

Garry Stahl wrote:

>Jeff Hanson wrote:
>

>>The only Michigan store is in Lansing.  In Ohio there are stores in
>>Cincinnati, Fairlawn, and Dayton.
>>

>When the one in Dearborn closed their closeout prices were still not as
>good as Microcenter everyday.
>
>They shall not be missed.

I also found this to be true... It reminds me of the churn in the
building supply market - Each new company did better than the sole
competitor before it -  HQ / Builders Square / Home Depot / Lowes ?
When CompUSA started, there was to local Microcenter.... who will come
along after CompUSA is gone to compete with Microcenter ?

-dave