[mdlug] Fiesty Fawn

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Tue Aug 21 10:07:03 EDT 2007

> From: Garry Stahl

> Second, is they any method to test said burner for correct function?
> I'm going to get some fresh media, but the burner is a moderately used
> 2003 model and it may have burned it's last disk.

 I'm over in Farmington so I can't really help with the CD, but...

 You might try burning at a different speed. Try slower first; and some
media or burners have trouble burning too slowly. It's unlikely that you'd
start out burning slowly, though, so that's probably not your problem.

 What are you using to burn? If you're using cdrecord directly, make sure
you have something like "driveropts=burnfree" in the command line, that
turns on some hardware schemes for dealing with buffer underruns.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                         (313) 227-2317

 "[O]nce the soldiers are 'locked and cocked' I owe... unqualified
    endorsement of their mission, no matter how immoral and ill-
     advised it may seem to me... this woeful logic... mandates
   unanimous civilian support for King Herod's soldiers smashing
          Hebrew babies against doorposts." - Hal Crowther