[mdlug] Windows is free

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Thu Aug 16 14:17:51 EDT 2007

That's a pretty good piece. (Not the Bash Linux one, the "Free Windows"
one.)

I am in the camp where I bust out my wallet for software and things. So, I
do understand the cost of software and the lack of having certain pieces of
software that would make certain computing tasks much more fun, productive
and or profitable.

For instance, I would absolutely love to lay my hands on a legit copy of
Adobe Photoshop CS3, unencumbered by any "Student Pricing" as I intend on
running (at least part time) a photography business. The GIMP and Photoshop
Elements 2.0 are both a joke compared to what my $1500 camera body is
capable of capturing.

Right now, I just can't justify the cost Photoshop. So, I do without.

-Rob