[mdlug] First post, sorry it is of a commercial nature

Rich Hughes admin at linuxtechdaily.com
Wed Aug 15 12:00:16 EDT 2007

Hi group,

My name is Rich, I've been lurking on the list for the past month and a
half. Long time linux user, i run a linux website, blah blah blah.

I was recently laid off from my company, Computer Builders Warehouse.
They are struggling to keep going in this michigan economy. no hard
feelings, it is what it is.

The timing was bad, though, because I just last week finished my pet
project, installing and configuring Ubuntu Linux notebooks. They are
done and in the store at Roseville. I get absolutely no benefit from
telling you this, other than the feeling of pride at making it happen.

The systems are completely supported, meaning you can install whatever
distro you would like on it and most likely it will work. Wireless works
out of the box (although sometimes it stalls the boot time slightly). I
pimped them up with Compiz-Fusion. I even did a not so Free Software
friendly thing and installed all the codecs i could get my hands on. I
threw on google earth and people responded to it because of that. There
are six different models, 2 with Celeron M processors/ 4 with T5500 Core
2 Duo processors. Ram runs from 512 to 2 gig. All have DVD burners,
etc... They aren't cheap, but literally you are only buying the
hardware. They range from 599-999. Timing was bad, I had hoped to really
promote the hell out of these. Linux is ready for the desktop,
particularly since everyone hates Vista (trust me--5 months of dealing
with customers, they do). Chris, the manager of Roseville, is a great
guy. If you get a chance to get out to 13/Gratiot, stop in and check
these out.

Sorry to spam up the list, but I figured you guys would be interested.
If they sell, I get no benefit.

Thanks for your time, I'll try to contribute more in the future. I enjoy
the list. Even if no one mentions how awesome FVWM-Crystal is.

Take Care,
Rich
admin at linuxtechdaily.com