[mdlug] nxserver broke

Robert Meier eaglecoach at wwnet.com
Mon Aug 13 07:20:55 EDT 2007

Tony,

> I have nxserver (freenx) installed on my Ubuntu 7.4 Feisty that allows me to
> run a remote X session from another computer, like VNC but much faster.

I am not familiar with nxserver (freenx).

Does it use the normal X host authentication?
Does it appear as a local: host?

As a test try on ubuntu
   bash> xhost +
to disable access control.
If you can now see your remote session, you know that you need to
enable X access for that remote host.
[After this test, you should reenable access crontrol with
   bash> xhost -
]

> The nvidia-settings app completely rewrote the xorg.conf file.
> Does anyone know what, if any, changes to the xorg.conf file nxserver makes?

Is it possible that the relevant changes are to the /etc/hosts.allow and
/etc/hosts.deny files?

Hopefully helpful,
--
Dr B