[mdlug] Web 2.0

Michael Corral micorral at comcast.net
Mon Apr 23 13:57:51 EDT 2007

Wojtak, Greg a ecrit:
> Yeah, except it doesn't take a half hour to load and run.  But yeah,
> it's been around for a long time now and has just been given the AJAX
> buzzword-moniker.

Yeah, back in the Java 1.1 days applets were indeed not so great.
But nowadays, on modern machines, they're much better. Definitely
better than the webapps that use AJAX (i.e. DHTML + JavaScript).
With all the problems that JavaScript has (to the point where
many people just disable it in their browser), I just don't see
AJAX as a viable option. The AJAX apps I've seen are horrible.
Web 2.0 in general is just a bunch of hype about nothing.

Michael