[mdlug] Penguins, start your engines!

Wolfger wolfger at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 12:51:04 EDT 2007

On 4/16/07, Michael Corral <micorral at comcast.net> wrote:

> Instead of just promoting "Linux", they should be promoting the most
> user-friendly distro that "just works" on the desktop for grandma.
> So let's start an "Ubuntu Linux" Indy 500 sponsorship drive!

No way. Everybody knows the fastest penguin/distro/car is a Gentoo! :-D
Seriously, keep it generic and get more donations. If we focus on a
distro, there will be distro wars, resulting in fewer donations and
competing projects, and we may wind up with 2, 3, or 12 competing
distro racecars, none of which get sufficiently funded.

--
Wolfger
http://wolfger.wordpress.com/