[mdlug] FWD: MDUG meeting 4-14

Mathew Enders mathew.enders at prodigy.net
Wed Apr 11 07:10:05 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 13:46 -0400, Garry Stahl wrote:
> Partion 1 swap.
> Partitions 2-12 distros
> Partition 12, user home, shared by all distros.
>
> Are their any problems here I don't know about?

Gary the problem with sharing the same home directory with each distro
would be incompatable config files.  Unless you are going to a diffrent
user for each distro inside home e.g. /home/userubuntu, /home/usersuse
et al.  Then the question arises how would the other distro's treat
those users homes you would have to make sure none had the same uid.