[mdlug] Wanted to Know More About Membership and Volunteering

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Fri Apr 6 09:56:41 EDT 2007

Carl T. Miller wrote:
> Stanley Chacko wrote:
>
>> Hi there usergroup,
>>

> Hi Stanley.  Welcome.
>

>> I just recently joined the mailing list and wanted to
>> know if there were further requirements in becoming a
>> member?  Are there membership dues?
>>

> No membership dues, but we expect to get a treatise about
> your experience with Linux and your visions of the future.
> Oh, and I almost forgot...you have to show us your version
> of the penguin dance.  Come to think of it, those things
> aren't required, but you do get bonus points for completing
> them.

    You get bonus points if your vision of the future is cryptic, ala
Nostradamus, and thus able to be applied to a great many different
subjects. There's super bonus points if the vision of the future
includes at least 42 allusions to the works of Scott Adams, Douglas
Adams, Star Trek, Star Wars, the total works of Monty Python's Flying
Circus and at least one or two things that are completely different,
such as some obscure Dr. Who reference.

    Good day and Welcome,
    Rob