[mdlug] Vista DRM hurts Linux?

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Mon Apr 2 09:23:52 EDT 2007

> From: Aaron Kulkis

> But with the DRM thing, they HAVE to do it..because they made
> promises to the Hollywood crowd that they will take action
> against all "offending" hardware.... they've pretty well screwed
> themselves, because they've placed themselves under legally
> binding contracts to disable the hardware at Hollywood's behest.

 MS has betrayed every business partner they've ever had, so far as I know.
Why should Hollywood be different? I'll bet there's plenty of wiggle room
in those contracts.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                                 (313) 227-2317

 "So when it comes to sacrifice [after 9/11], don't kid yourself. You have
 given up a lot. You've given up faith in your government's honesty, the
 goodwill of people overseas, and six-tenths of the Bill of Rights. Here's
 what you've sacrificed: search and seizure, warrants, self-incrimination,
 trial by jury, cruel and unusual punishment. Here's what you have left:
 hand guns, religion, and they can't make you quarter a British soldier."
                             - Bill Maher