[mdlug] User agent strings

Fati fati at venerealinjection.com
Thu Dec 21 11:37:38 EST 2006

The user agent is sent to the webserver via an http header and is
utilized as an environment variable for any content that the web site
executes server side (php, cgi, etc).

Data passed by way of the get or post method in contrast are passed as
arguments to the server side content, analogous to running "./some.cgi
argument=value" from the console.

Unless there are some serious errors with either the web server or the
programs running through the web server, this method should not work.