[mdlug] Topic for next meeting

Gib gibmaxn at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 09:32:29 EST 2022

I could talk for a little bit informally (I'm not planning to use slides)
about my cryptocurrency mining experience. I've accumulated $0.04 USD with
some really old computers.

CPU only cryptocurrency mining the cheap way
Gib will lead an open discussion for a short time about his experience of
cryptocurrency mining using old computers.
The use of old computers with no GPU (graphical processor units) is a low
budget, very low profit way to make money.
The technique uses software called xmrig. This is open source mining
software. The coin is called xmr or Monero.
The Monero coin is considered by enthusiasts as a more private coin since
the blockchain can not be tracked.
Link to more material: *https://github.com/xmrig/
<https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig/issues/248>*