[mdlug] Poll: what virtualization products are you using?

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 14:24:00 EST 2022

Since you asked ...
My main system these days is a Chromebook.  So, I'm using whatever Chrome
OS uses when enabling Linux, which appears to be crosvm, a variant of KVM.
In the cloud, I run whatever the various cloud providers use: AWS, GCP,
Azure, Digital Ocean, etc. Then there's Docker, which runs on everything I
have access to, including Raspberry Pi, Chrome OS, Ubuntu, Windows 10/11,
Mac OS, and every single cloud instance.  Docker may not be a true VM, but
I often use it like one. Oh, and whatever GitHub uses when it runs Actions.

I used to run VMWare and KVM on servers via Vagrant.  Same with VirtualBox
and QEMU on desktop PCs.  Haven't needed to do that in years.

Regards,
- Robert