[mdlug] Any interest in managing RPI images?

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 14:00:08 EST 2021

Anyway, maintain a pristine version of the media. Keep log files and all
data on other partitions. Preferably make the hostname file a symbolic link
to a file in each host's data partition.

When you update the pristine copy, then use dd or tar to replicate it to
your working copies.

Any config files, like hostname, self-ip addresses, etc, which normally
aren't used before other filesystems are mounted, should have the contents
stored in each host's data partition, symbolically linked from the standard
location to the content on the data partition.