[mdlug] PDF Problem with LibreOffice (v6)

email5000 at usa.com email5000 at usa.com
Mon Oct 19 21:33:50 EDT 2020

I have been creating documents in LibreOffice (LO) Writer (v6), then
'direct-export' to PDF. LO Writer has a built-in converter (default
button on toolbar), so I simply click on it, and all is copacetic.
Sometimes I need to update the document, and then re-export to PDF; the
usual dialog is generated stating that the file already exists and asks
to replace it: Yes. Much of the time all is again, copacetic. But some
of those re-exportations generates another dialog stating that the file
is write protected. I can't seem to figure out why. Trying to change the
file permissions hasn't helped too much, so I usually have to delete the
file (which is easy enough). I've looked in the settings in LO (using
the File|Export menu, rather than just clicking on the button), but
can't find ANYTHING pertaining to the output file parameters. I've also
checked the disk folder permissions and all appears to be acceptable for
such actions, so I'm stumped.

Any ideas? Thx.

-Rich