[mdlug] dd-wrt update

Drew drew4096 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 12:30:37 EST 2020

I've flashed one of my two TP-Link WDR3500 routers (the one with the
tape over the WLAN port, as I intend never to let it near the
Internet) with DD-WRT in preparation for use as a whole house file
server.

I can:

* Connect to the router through WiFi, from both Lubuntu 18.04 and 20.04

* Make changes to the router settings with the web GUI from both Linux versions

* Execute Linux (busybox) commands from the web interface

* ssh into the router from Lubuntu 18.04.

I CANNOT:

* ssh into the router from Lubuntu 20.04. It complains about an
encrytion protocol not being available.

* Use the hardwire Ethernet ports from EITHER version of Lubuntu. The
network thingie spins for about a minute and says Disconnected,
repeatedly, whenever the cable is plugged in.

I DO NOT YET KNOW whether I can:

* Put multiple USB drives on via a USB hub

* Have the drives mounted Read Only by default, so as to be proof
against power interruption.