[mdlug] Disabling TightVNC Ubuntu 18.04

Peter Bart peterbart.ch at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 17:00:58 EST 2020

On November 6, 2020 12:22:11 PM EST, "Carl T. Miller" <carl at carltm.com> wrote:

>The bit I'm wondering about is your VPN.  It's possible that
>it is giving permissions to the VPN server to do things.

Carl,
 That got me remembering, as far as Win and Mac users are concerned that is corporate would do it using Cisco Anyconnect. A updated version of Anyconnect would be pushed and when booting the computer you would be presented a popup asking you to click to reboot with no gui way around it. That never worked on my install which would then set off a frantic search for the correct Linux version of Anyconnect, complete with swearing. Corporate would never supply the Linux version despite having the licenses, I would crawl the web late at night looking for colleges that provided it. The version of Anyconnect the user was running had to match the version the server was running. At that point I taught myself enough about OpenConnect to replace Anyconnect with it. Have had no issues since then, May or Juneish? Thanks again!
--
Best Regards,
Peter Bart