[mdlug] Disabling TightVNC Ubuntu 18.04

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Fri Nov 6 12:22:11 EST 2020

Hey Peter,

I feel your frustration.  You are right about a normal user
not being able to do admin tasks like installing software.
The bit I'm wondering about is your VPN.  It's possible that
it is giving permissions to the VPN server to do things.

I'd check the contents of /etc/suders and /etc/suders.d
first.  Then I would check what user is running the VPN
and check what permissions it has.

Also try running "ps -ef | grep -i tightvnc" to check if it
is running locally.

Let us know what you find out.