[mdlug] Adaptive sync monitors with Linux (Nvidia)?

Raymond Ingles sorceror171 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 13:03:30 EDT 2020

The idea of "adaptive sync" is that the monitor doesn't refresh at a fixed
rate. It updates the screen only when the video card sends a new frame. If
the video card doesn't send frames fast enough, you get "tearing", where
part of one frame is displayed with part of another one. In fast action
like games, this can be very visible.

Adaptive sync eliminates screen tearing. Since I do game some on my
machine, it'd be nice to have that feature. And a really high refresh rate
would be nice, too, for other things. If I get things working, maybe I can
actually do a preso for MDLUG. Haven't done that in a decade or so...