[mdlug] Static IP behind NAT with Xfinity

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Tue Aug 4 20:29:26 EDT 2020

Did you know you could assign more than one IP address
to an interface?  If you can set the Ubuntu desktop to use
DHCP, it will get you on your local lan and the internet.
Then you can just add a static IP address.

If this sounds good, start by getting the desktop to use
DHCP and ensure that it's able to connect to your lan
and the internet.  We can figure out how to add the
static one afterwards.