[mdlug] Fwd: Windows 7 screen after dual boot

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Mon Apr 13 17:28:41 EDT 2020

Two thoughts come to mind.  It could be the pagefile.sys
that is causing the problem.  I do know that swap space
must be formatted in Linux and suspect the same for
Windows.  Try deleting that file and see if that fixes it.

Second thought is kvm.  When I need to run an old
Windows program, I spin up a virtual machine with
7 or XP and run it full screen.  One nice feature is that
the virtual machine can be denied access to the net.
There are times that I forget that Linux is running
under Windows because it is that responsive.